TSX headlight question

Hi,
I just bought a new 2005 TSX. The xenon headlights of my car has a very sharp cut off line. That is, when you drive in the dark, you will see only the area where the Xenon headlights directly spotting at, but
you can see nothing beyond that angle. I feel unsafe to drive this car in dark since I cannot see anything beyond about 10 degree above horizontal line. Is this a common issue on TSX? I just wonder if I should ask the dealer to fix this for me.
If anyone can give me some idea on this, I would be really appreciated.
Thank you!
Cathy

It's so common that every single HID headlamp ever made by any manufacturer has this "problem".

The dealer can't do anything. That's how the cars come to them (unless you specifically ordered HID as an option)

That beam cutoff is to prevent you from blinding oncoming traffic with your glare. HID headlights are amazingly effective, and are not compatible with the old "fuzzy blob" beam patterns that the US government used to force on automakers.
Europe has had such beam patterns for several decades.
You may want to ask the dealer to confirm that your lights are aimed correctly, which is all they will be able to do for you.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

I think you'll find that the headlights on the TSX give you just as good if not better coverage than the old style headlights you're used to. The sharp cut off line takes some getting used to and until you do, you get the psychological impression that you're not seeing as much. Find a friend that has a car with standard headlights and go with her to an empty, dark parking lot some night. Park next to each other and compare headlights. I think you'll be surprised at the results.
BTW, you bought a great car, I know you'll enjoy it.
I agree, the headlight cutoff seems strange, especially if you live in a rural area with a lot of hills. (pitch black above the line on the twisty roads at night is not too much fun. You will get used to it in no time though, and realize it actually is not as sharp as you thought (I think it has to do with the fact that the light is just so much brighter).
Enjoy your TSX!!