TSX Leather Seats

After 6 months the top layer of the leather on the side of the seat is pealing off in spots. It looks like the leather used was not the correct quality. Has anyone got Acura to cover under warranty?

Reply to
rdhamil

"" wrote: > After 6 months the top layer of the leather on the side of the > seat is > pealing off in spots. It looks like the leather used was not > the > correct quality. Has anyone got Acura to cover under warranty?

Wow, that sounds like it?s the WORST! I know that TLs have had problems with keeping the leather from binding or creasing if you will, however I?ve never heard of it peeling... if I were you I?d march into the dealership and DEMAND (literally) that it be fixed... that?s unacceptable... for any car no matter how expensive (or inexpensive) it is... and yours is a sweet ride so get them to fix it right away, don?t wait.... remember, be stern and tell them how it is.. if they tell you they won?t repair it, be persistant, don?t just give up.. eventually they?ll give in and repair it just to shut you up... but yea, that?s unacceptable in my opinion.

Reply to
ekimevil

Just be nice. Tell them it needs to be fixed. Bring it in and say you need it fixed. Let them say no not under warranty, but have that on the repair order. When they say no way jose have them give you a cost for the repair. Say no.

Photocopy the RO and write Acura a letter saying its BS and you need the seats fixed, you paid for leather, and want leather. Tell them that if they refuse to cover it you will lemon law the car--if your state has a lemon law.

from the TSX web site:

You can see and feel the high standard of quality in the TSX interior. The trim is firm and close-fitting, with no gap between the power moonroof and the headliner, and no visible seam for the front passenger's front air bag. The perforated leather of the seating surfaces is as sturdy as it is supple. Even the speaker grilles are integrated with the contours of the panels they occupy. The ride in the TSX interior is quiet, because engineers worked hard to reduce the Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) reaching the cabin from the engine, the road and the air outside.

The sounds you do hear in the TSX are the good kind. A quiet door lock structure and a rigid door sash help to produce a heavy, solid thud when each door is closed. The doors and their hinges are angled slightly to make shutting the doors smooth and effortless. To muffle sound, the coin pocket is flocked, and the center pocket and console tray and box are fitted with rubber mats. The engine is designed to be just loud enough to tell the driver what it's up to.

Warranty:

Our commitment only begins with the delivery of each vehicle. All new Acura vehicles and any dealer-installed accessories are covered by a

4-year/50,000-mile limited warranty, while the outer body is covered by a 5-year/unlimited-mile limited warranty against rust-through. (See your Acura Dealer for details of each warranty and applicable exclusions, such as normal wear and ordinary maintenance items.)

Read it first--its in a book with your owners book--see what the coverage is. They may exclude the leather, however there is a implied warranty of usability in the USA.

best of luck--be very very nice at all times, and write letters, in fact I might write the service manager a letter outlining your concerns and how you find the refusal to cover the leather to be unacceptable. If they already officially said no on a WO send him a photocopy of the WO.

The kicker--send the letter to the service manager via registered mail.

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
rdhamil

While this does seem to be premature aging, the only part of the TSX seat that is leather is the perforated portion.

The rest is a leather looking vinyl, which you seem to be having trouble with.

Admittedly, the dealership should take care of you!

Reply to
GB

Are you sure you're taking care of it properly? I use the maguire leather wipes about 3 times a year. I've had the car for 28 months and I have the say the leather looks like new still.

Reply to
Nuclear

There is not much taking care of to do in just 6 months. The leather is just cracking and several very small pieces of leather of about

1/8"or so have actually lost their t>Are you sure you're taking care of it properly? I use the maguire leather
Reply to
rdhamil

I had the same problem after only 1 month on my 2005 TL. The dealer replaced the driver's seat back cover. No problem since. It must be that some leathers just don't take the surface coloring treatment as well and it can flake off easily.

All the other seats in the car show no signs of a problem.

Paul

Reply to
Unknown

You think you're going to win a lemon law suit over a problem with a leather seat .......you're dreaming -Dana

Reply to
Dana

I had the same problem in my 2004 TL; the leather not only stained (even with the dealer-added stain guard) along my belt line, but it also looked "skinned" along the left edge. I've had the car about 14 months/30,000 miles.

Due to the "skinned" appearance, my Acura dealer replaced the seat leather under warranty. I was sure that they were going to muck it up, but I was actually really impressed with the job they did; it almost looks like the original installation (and I'm really picky about that kind of stuff).

Reply to
Mr. Pantheon