[Update] [Was] [1994 Integra GS-R] Hot Starting Problem

I wanted to offer a follow-up to contribute to the knowledge base.

I was able to remove and re-flow the soldered pads on the Main Relay in the subject auto. In fact, I was able to remove it without need of removing any trim panels. (Side note here. As Principal Skinner's mother Agnes commented about Seymour, "He has the tiny hands of a chimp".)

The operation was a success and the patient survived. Now I will see if the problem recurs...

As to soldering, just keep the iron tip clean by wiping with a moistened cloth after each 4 or 5 pads. I used a bit of 60-40 rosin-core solder and melted against each pad to help conduct the heat and have a little more solder to flow around the joint.

The mount point has a tab that helps to hold the relay on the bracket at reinstall time. It was a bit risky that if I dropped the bolt, the left foot well side panel would have required removal.

So, thanks to TeGGeR@ and all the others who responded.

p00lb0y

Reply to
PB