vtcech problems on a rsx type s

my check engine light came on so i did some test to it n the code came up saying vetch solenoid was bad so i replace the n did not fix the problem so i took it to a auto mechnic n he said that the timing
jumped a tooth my car runs good in till 45oo rpms then runs rough n no vtech kick in I need some help in a bad way already put 500 in it n its not fix any bosdy got any help full hints pleas thank u