Warped Rotors on 2001 CL type S

I think its pretty much an accepted fact Hondas and Acuras from the early 2000's has brake warping issues. My '01 CL type S is no exception. hat are my options to stop this from
happening? I am a graduate student so money is an issue. Is there a set of cross drilled rotors I can gat at a decent price? What about slotted?

And you know this....how?

You can try that and waste your money, or you can read this: http://www.brakeandfrontend.com/topics/546/RotorsDrums.aspx Many articles there on brake problems, including vibration.
Actual "warping" is the LEAST common cause of brake vibration.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Tegger wrote:

I did my research?

One thing I will check out is the torque on the lugs. It should be 80. Also based on my research - slotted and cross drilled rotors on a street car is a waste. Better quality normal rotors might be in order - there have to be some that won't break the bank.

And what was your research? Did it include the issues mentioned here?: http://www.brakeandfrontend.com/topics/546/RotorsDrums.aspx

Evenness of torque between the lug nuts has little or nothing to do with it.

Before you spend even one penny on crappy aftermarket, try reading some of those articles in the page I referenced above.
Especially, go to the 4th page in, and see the article entitled "10 of Your Top Brake Pulsation Questions".
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Tegger wrote:

Will do. I'm not doing anything for a while so I have time.

My first car was a 92 civic, and I had problems with it. I finally got a new set of discs (which didn't cost that much) and made sure I always checked the torque with my own wrench whenever the wheels had been off. Never had a problem again once I made sure no one was overtightening it.
My problems with warped rotors on my 03 TL went away after I replaced them with aftermarket rotors, got the heavy duty ones. Has been great since.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4580 (20091106) __________
http://www.eset.com