Warranty service at Honda dealer?

Does anyone know if one get get warranty service for an Acura at a Honda dealership? Case being... that Honda is very close, where Acura dealer is an hour away.

Reply to
RML

RML wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

No problem.

Acuras and Hondas are basically identical under the skin. And the dealers have access to each others' databases.

Reply to
Tegger

I received this from a Honda dealer:

Unfortunately we can only perform regular maintenance on Acura's as we are not authorized to complete warranty repairs. Anything else we can help with, please let us know!!!

Michael G. ***** General Manager

Reply to
RML

RML wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You did note that this dealer is not authorized to make REPAIRS?

He said nothing about warranty SERVICE, which was your original question and was the question I answered. "Service" is the same as "maintenance".

Now, do you need REPAIRS or SERVICE?

Reply to
Tegger

What exactly is warranty service, other than repairs?

I don't call regular maintenance, i.e oil changes, rotations etc., "warranty service", do you?

Warranty service in my book is repairs covered by warranty.

Reply to
RML

RML wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

"Warranty services" are the mileage/time-based ones you have to get done in order to keep your warranty valid (25K mile service, etc.). You have to pay for these, and anybody can do them so long as you get adequate documentation as proof of the work having been done.

"Warranty repairs" are things that need fixing because they broke, and which happen to be covered by the various warranties the car was sold with. These you get for free.

If you need repairs that would fall under warranty, typically you'd go to a dealer which sells your brand.

Reply to
Tegger

I got the same. They will, however, do oil changes for me.

Reply to
NJ Vike

Tegger,

Would that apply to any mechanical service needed for an Acura while away from home and in need of some repairs?

Thanks.

Reply to
Denny

"karinhall" wrote in news:r8-dnVi8CqBq2qvbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@usa2net.net:

Like I said...

Reply to
Tegger

snipped-for-privacy@MadCow.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

If you are away from home and need immediate repairs that fall under a warranty, I cannot see Honda refusing to allow the claim for the dealer. He might have to spend a bit of time on the phone with Honda, but I think it would be allowed.

Reply to
Tegger

Tegger wrote in news:Xns9922B40BE2F6Ftegger@207.14.116.130:

Of course, you still have to get warranty REPAIRS done at a dealer that sells your brand. Warranty REPAIRS to an Acura need to be done at an Acura dealer.

Reply to
Tegger

Honda dealers are capable of working on your Acura, but they cannot provide free repairs under your new car warranty.

John

Reply to
John Horner

Yes and No on the databases, unless something has changed. They are very similar, but Honda offers protection to both dealers for a certain radius from them. I took our Acura to the local Honda shop (as did the previous owner) when the local Acura dealer it was originally purchased from closed. They were able to do all maintanence/service as well as warranty repairs without a problem since the next closest Acura dealer was roughly 35 miles away at the time. They could contact another dealer to get the repair details, part numbers etc. Unfortunately for us, an Acura dealer opened up less than a 1/4 mile from them. We took the car there a few times (it is well out of warranty so it doesn't really matter), but I will not go back there anymore. The service was slow and not done very well, as well as being overpriced. Additionally, the last two times we tried to schedule an appointment, they couldn't even be bothered to return a freaking phone call.

The Honda dealer has been great to us and they have developed a working relationship with an Acura dealer in an area that has some problematic Honda dealers, so we are now in a good situation.

Reply to
oskiller

Tegger wrote in news:Xns9922664566E91tegger@

207.14.116.130:

"maintenance".

Dude..."warranty service" means warranty fix...otherwise, "warranty" is meaningless

Reply to
Nobody