Which Acura is based on Accord?

Page 2 of 2
wrote:

I just bought a TL and let the salesman give me the story on the TSX, he said the TSX was called the Honda Accord outside of the states. I don't know if he was right but he had no reason to lie.

In the UK, the TSX is known as the Honda Accord Saloon, in Australia it's the Honda Accord Euro. The TL is known as the Honda Accord. That tallies with your salesman, so yes, he's right.
I have an 04 US Accord. Is not based on the TSX chassis. The Accord is larger car. The Acura TL is on a similar chassis to the American Accord. Scott

How do you know? Did you read any of the links given earlier?

Yep. All the same chassis, just like the TSX.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
On 2/5/06 1:58 PM, in article Xns976198AD6CFD3tegger@207.14.113.17,

The TSX is based on the European Accord. The TL is based on the American Accord. The RSX is Civic based. I thought the RL was unique unto itself. If it has anything in common with Accords, it can't be anything more than body parts.

Phew!!! you nailed it in 3 and a bit lines.