Why no awd option in TL?

I would love to buy a TL if it had awd option...because it's an excellent, reliable car - much more reliable than Audi A4/A6. My current car: Subaru Forester - is inferior to TL in many respects, but it has (2) limited slip differentials and awd. MDX is too big for me, but RDX doesn't impress me at all - seems like a toy.

Boris

Reply to
boris

"Geo" wrote in news:fOcTi.40$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe06.lga:

Good question. It's probably for cost cutting reasons. RWD is more expensive to build.

Reply to
Tegger

Does Honda sell lots of TLs...I didn't see too many of them on roads recently? Many more Audis and BMWs (in San Francisco Bay Area) - and quite a few of those with awd option. I used to have Integra - once on slick road near a skiing area it swerved from the road and plowed into pile of snow - I got lucky that it didn't get into lake instead. With Subaru no worry - I don't ever need chains - driver of a snow plow truck told me that under conditions when Subaru Forester needed chains roads would be closed for traffic anyway.

Boris

Reply to
boris

The TL is built on the Accord platform. Last time it was updated Honda didn't have their SH-AWD system on the market.

Notice the new 2008 Accord. I'd be VERY surprised if the TL built on the 2008 Accord platform did not have SH-AWD as an option. Temple of VTEC anticipates SH-AWD in the next TSX as well as the next TL.

Just wait 'till next fall.

Reply to
ACAR

Wow, it's great. TL with SH AWD would be a killer...I personally would definitely consider buying one. Except for AWD, Subaru's just can't compete with Acura: engine, automatic transmission - are much better in TL than in Subaru's. Just one more (minor) wish for the new TL: folding rear seats please.

Boris

Reply to
boris