Why Re-badge ?

Why would some people re-badge an Acura to Honda ?????

I mean what is the "logic" in these peoples brain to cause them to go thru the trouble of seeking out Honda badges, buy them, take off Acura ones, stick on Honda one....

Reply to
firewolf

"firewolf" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

It's just an effort to be "different".

Since Acura models are sold in most other parts of the world as Hondas, swapping badges is also a way of pretending to others that you've got a foreign model, which I guess is supposed to be a status symbol.

Reply to
Tegger

"firewolf" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

They aren't "buying" them,either;I had the "ACURA" name and badge peeled off my Integra by thieves,but the first to go was the VTEC tag. The cost was $25 and $45 for new ones. I filled in the holes and like that better. I hate chrome badges;they are a PITA to wax around.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

BTW, it seems to me most of these people are kids, like under 20 I'd be surprised to hear people over like 30 still doing this uh mod

Reply to
firewolf

"Jim Yanik"

LOL, you think they put the Acura badges on an Civic or something ?

Reply to
firewolf

Jim Yanik wrote in news:Xns990FB20BFD101jyanikkuanet@64.209.0.84:

I lost my front Acura logo a few years ago.

The bastard tried to knife the rear one off first, but all he managed to do was scratch the paint. He scratched up the paint on the hood too, but managed to get the logo off. Asshole.

It was $50 Cdn for a new one.

Reply to
Tegger

Tegger wrote in news:Xns990FB0EFE7BF9tegger@207.14.116.130:

Is there even an "Acura" namebrand in Japan?

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Jim Yanik wrote in news:Xns99106C8A4274Fjyanikkuanet@

64.209.0.84:

Yep. Besides Canada/US, it's the only other place on earth where the "Acura" brand is sold.

Reply to
Tegger

"Tegger"

China too,

sparta300

who knows. maybe they think the Honda logo looks better than Acura? I do.

Reply to
Bucky

I wax the chrome badges. They come out nice and shiny after you buff them. Are you not supposed to wax chrome?

Reply to
Bucky

"Bucky" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

you still have to clean and wax in all the nooks and crannies the badge creates. PITA,and I don't need any stinking badges or tags. IMO,they detract from the appearance.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I think you wear it on a chain around your neck, then get two more of them and make earings for your girlfriend.

Reply to
JXStern

I've already had an entire car or two that were like they were on a chain around my neck

Reply to
Michael Pardee