Why Re-badge ?

Why would some people re-badge an Acura to Honda ?????
I mean what is the "logic" in these peoples brain to cause them to go thru the trouble of
seeking out Honda badges, buy them, take off Acura ones, stick on Honda one....

It's just an effort to be "different".
Since Acura models are sold in most other parts of the world as Hondas, swapping badges is also a way of pretending to others that you've got a foreign model, which I guess is supposed to be a status symbol.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Is there even an "Acura" namebrand in Japan?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Yep. Besides Canada/US, it's the only other place on earth where the "Acura" brand is sold.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
"Tegger"

They aren't "buying" them,either;I had the "ACURA" name and badge peeled off my Integra by thieves,but the first to go was the VTEC tag. The cost was $25 and $45 for new ones. I filled in the holes and like that better. I hate chrome badges;they are a PITA to wax around.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

LOL, you think they put the Acura badges on an Civic or something ?
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:41:44 -0400, "firewolf"

I think you wear it on a chain around your neck, then get two more of them and make earings for your girlfriend.

I've already had an entire car or two that were like they were on a chain around my neck <8^P

I lost my front Acura logo a few years ago.
The bastard tried to knife the rear one off first, but all he managed to do was scratch the paint. He scratched up the paint on the hood too, but managed to get the logo off. Asshole.
It was $50 Cdn for a new one.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

I wax the chrome badges. They come out nice and shiny after you buff them. Are you not supposed to wax chrome?

you still have to clean and wax in all the nooks and crannies the badge creates. PITA,and I don't need any stinking badges or tags. IMO,they detract from the appearance.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

who knows. maybe they think the Honda logo looks better than Acura? I do.