'00 A4 cruise control

I just purchased a '00 A4 1.8TQ and can't figure the cruise control out. I've read the manual but am still confused. I set it at somewhere between

50 and 60 mph just to check it out, and then when I got on the interstate tried to set it again at around 75mph and couldn't get it to work. I tried switching the cruise off and back on and then setting it, but still couldn't get it to set. Any ideas here? Thanks.

Matt

Reply to
snoogans27

In other words, the cruise control function is totally non-functional, right?

At least two places known to fail: the column stalk assembly, and (if a manual) the clutch pedal switch.

Have someone with a VAG15XX or VAG-COM check for DTCs. With luck it'll tell you what croaked...

Reply to
daytripper

This seems a little unlikely - that it should work once and then not again.

When you cancelled the cruise first time, did you turn it off by sliding the switch on the stalk fully to the right - if so, did you move it back to its centre position before attempting to set the cruise back on? Or did you cancel by touching the brake/clutch pedal - if so, you either need to turn off (by sliding the switch fully to the right) and turn back on again, or resume by momentarily sliding the switch to the left (this will re-enable cruise, but at the speed you previously had set).

Reply to
Peter Bell