02' A4 1.8T sunroof "chatters" last few inches when openeing and closing HELP !

I have had this problem for sometime. It gets REALLY annoying in the damp humid weather. In the cold dry weather it's almost gone. SO humidity plays a big role. The track appears fine / greased. Could it be the actual motor and cables ?

Thanks in advance.

Phil

Reply to
phil

billmywall

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote: Hi Bill,

Thanks for your response...which body style did you have ? the B5 or the B6 (2002-2005) ?

Regards,

Phil

Reply to
phil

Hi Phil

This happened to my old car back in 2000. It was a 1995 A4. If you do get it checked out can you let me know how you get on? I'm intreaged to know if I could've done anything to save mine before it died. Once it had died IIRC I was quoted =A3800 to fix it or =A31k to replace. I paid =A3130 to get it closed.

phil wrote:

Reply to
billmywall