02' A4 1.8T sunroof "chatters" last few inches when openeing and closing HELP !

I have had this problem for sometime. It gets REALLY annoying in the damp humid weather. In the cold dry weather it's almost gone. SO humidity plays a big role. The track appears fine / greased. Could it be
the actual motor and cables ?
Thanks in advance.
Phil
Sounds familiar. I had the sunroof motor fail on me after a few weeks of this "chattering" on my old A4. It would've cost silly money to fix so I had to have the sunroof permanently closed after the motor jammed with the sunroof still open. I'd take it to a dealership asap and get them to look at it before it goes kaput. Incidentally, my Audi was 5 yrs old when the sunroof failed.
phil wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote: Hi Bill,
Thanks for your response...which body style did you have ? the B5 or the B6 (2002-2005) ?
Regards,
Phil

Hi Phil
This happened to my old car back in 2000. It was a 1995 A4. If you do get it checked out can you let me know how you get on? I'm intreaged to know if I could've done anything to save mine before it died. Once it had died IIRC I was quoted 800 to fix it or 1k to replace. I paid 130 to get it closed.