'03 A4 downshift

Hello,
I have an '03 A4 with tiptronic trans... Why oohh why is the downshift between gears so SLOW! For example, getting on the highway I'll hit the gas
and there will be approximately a 1.5 second delay while the trans figures out what to do before the car starts moving. It's a very pronounced delay... My dealer loaned me a '02 Pontiac GrandPrix (automatic) that downshifted unbelievably fast...zero noticeable delay between downshifts... What's up with my Audi? Is this standard, or could mine have a problem??
Troy
Troy:
Have you tried the transmission in sport mode instead of drive mode? I didn't find that problem when I test drove the '03 A4. I did find that the transmission was more eager to downshift in sport mode than in drive mode though.
Aar

It does appear more "eager" in sports mode.... But I'm surprised how bad the normal mode is..
Troy

There may be a problem with it. Take it to your dealer's service depatrment.
Aar

By chance, was the car often driven in a very relaxed manner before this problem arose? Because, if so, the self-adjusting transmission controller may have merely set the shift pattern to something very conservative as a result. And, thus, time spent driving more aggressively should gradually "retrain" it to shift in a more desired (faster) pattern.
Rob
Ah yes,
I've heard of that effect on another make. The new owner took it back to the dealer complaining how sluggish it was. The dealer had it back for a half-day and all they did was take it out for a good thrash. The owner was delighted with the improvement the dealer had made.
David.
--
<< To email me please swap over Denton and Lodge in my address >>

"+ Rob +" < snipped-for-privacy@Spammindspring.com> wrote in message
I think I was pretty "aggressive" with it since day 1 19,000 miles ago..... It's always been this way. From a dead stop, I can stomp the gas pedal... I'll probably sit idle for a good second+ before anything happens.. Same with a high-speed downshift.
Troy