1979 AUDI 5000 brake lights not coming on

Hi,

I replaces the bulbs checked the fuses and brake pedal switch but the lights no work.

I feel as bright as the bulbs that dont light right now

Any ideas would help

Thanks for the time

Reply to
Heiko1

Tony

Heiko, Great to see a Type 43 posting! I had similar problems with my 1980 5k - check the two brake switches on the master cylinder and the sockets that plug into the switches - IIRC there's a test in the Bentley Manual to check for correct operation. As the wires to the lights are not on the trunk, hinge wiring will not be a problem, but you should also make sure that the socket assemblies (that plug into the back of the lights, with the reverse, brake, park and turn bulbs mounted in them) - are free from corrosion. You should also check that they are properly grounded - I had to install a separate ground wires (left and right) between the ground portion of the punched metal circuit and the body of the car - using the bolts that hold the lens assembly on. The plug that plugs into the socket can also be the source of poor connections from corrosion, etc. Cheers! Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ - awaiting a V8 hood 1980 Audi 5k - awaiting a brake line rebuild
Reply to
Steve Sears