1983 Audi 80 CD

howdy, i have a question for the mechanics online........ the above car of my mothers is having transmission problems, IE no trans fluid!!! It doesnt state in the owners hand book what the correct trans fluid is,
or where to fill it. Is it just a Dextron III fluid and do i fill it through the dipstick tube??? Please excuse my ignorance, ive never worked on an Audi before.
Cheers DB