1985 4000 S

I just bought a 1985 4000 S with a 114,000 miles on the clock. It is in excellent body condition, It surges when running though, but it has been sitting for a while. Are there any magazines that deal with Audi, for parts
and tips, etc. All the magazines seem to deal with Japanese cars. I have the 1.8L motor and am looking forward to building this car up. Any webs links, books that will help me appreciated.
Jim

And what do you mean by "building this car up"? Engine; I think with the 4 cylinder engine your choices for beefing up the engine are good since it is VW based. Changing the engine might be the least expensive route for having a bigger engine. You could probably drop in a 2.0 liter, maybe even 16valve easily. Maybe even get a Corrado engine with a Supercharger on it or a VR6 engine. All it takes is some $$$. :-) I would say that I have not heard of anyone dropping in a 16V in there A4KS yet, but a lot of 4000 Quattros at least have the larger 5 cylinders in them and some with turbos. And I don't know what the European Audis have in them. <:-(
Not sure if you have endless choices to do any mods that you want, but I have always thought that money will get you what you want! :-)
http://www.audifans.com / http://www.audiworld.com / http://audiquattroparts.com /
do a search on the web too!
driving my 83 A4KS (VW GTi engine) later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris
In addition to Dave's suggestions - there is a magazine called "Audi Driver" which Chapters carries in Canada - mostly new Audis in there. Audi made a run of GT coupes (front wheel drive) in 1987 with a higher compression version of the 5 cylinder engine common to the 4000/coupe GT - the coupes can be identified as being produced in the latter part of 1987, have a body-coloured rear wing, rear disk brakes and digital dash. That said, however, you might consider "souping up" a 4000 quattro - there are a number of folks on Audifans running 4000q's with turbo engines from 5000 turbos. An inexpensive 4000q should not be too hard to find. Cheers! Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ - no, you can't have my engine. 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

parts
the