1985 Audi 4000 S Fuel Injector O-Rings

I finally go my 1985 Audi 4OOOs Fuel Injectors out, successfully!
Constructed my own L-shaped bracket. Inserted a long punch into the top part of the bracked
and used a heavy weight rubber mallet to "jerk" the injectors out. Brute force was requiered.
This not a recommandation, unless you know what you are doing! Everything has to be angled correctly and properly supported.
The injectors checked out ok. Good dispersion and no drip.
Now, here is the question:
Has anybody ever replaced the O-Ring and the Seal-Ring on the injectors?
I am afraid to slip the heavy seal-ring over the injector into the designated groove. It might break, I think.
There is a picture here at
http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/injector.html#inject
Any ideas?
hm

You can use some pliers to twist and pull off the "silver" tip that houses that tiny seal. You could then remove that C-clip and then replace the main seal easily. Dealer/Bosch have very flexible seals. Some aftermarket seals are quite firm and may not last years and years. Then of course reinstall the C-clip and tap that tip by lightly tapping it back on the injector.
On 08 Jan 2004 13:06:54 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comANTISPAM (dave) wrote:

This is Very Good News.
I thought about it, but wasn't sure about the "silver" tip.
Thanks a Million!
hm