1986 Audi 80 1.8l 90 hk

Hi,

I might buy this car, it's a car with one owner, 107000 km on the odometer. It's recently been repaired for around 1500 euro. The car appears in mint condition and the only rust visible is on the rear wheelbays(?).

Is there anything particular I should watch out for, or is this a car that I should run away from? The main use of the car would be to and from work - around 90 km roundtrip each day.

Cheers,

Reply to
BBO

The I5 N/A engine in the 90 is almost bullet proof and should provide good service. My preference would be that it has a standard transmission. If not it would be a good idea to change the trans and diff fluids as the seal between them allows them to mix over time.

There will probably be a few electrical issues to deal with but that is quite doable and if you do the work yourself, it will be and not too costly.

Good car. You will like it.

T> Hi,

Reply to
Tony

"BBO" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@dod.no...

Watch out for the carburator (I asume that this model is without injection). When the carburator gets old and a number of "clever" mechanics has tried to adjust them, its "over and out". A new carb. is around 4000 Kr (in Denmark).

Rgds

Jens

Reply to
Jens

Thanks for your reply, but I walked away from the car. It was rather good looking on the inside and outside, but the underside of the car was an accident waiting to happen. Rust whereever I looked, plus the oilpan was leaking like hell.

Also, it wasn't a '86 it was an '85... oh, well - the search continues.

Reply to
BBO