1987 Audi 5000 Oxygen Sensor -- OEM vs Universal...

In 20 years I never replaced the Original Oxygen Sensor and the car recently flunked the California Emission test by a small margin.
I am debating whether I should get the higher priced OEM sensor or one
of the cheaper Universal Sensors,
Any input would be appreciated.
martino-
I would ask the question on the T44 AudiWorld forum: http://forums.audiworld.com/v8 /
I would guess that the generic is the same as OEM. You will just need to solder / crimp the old connector to the new sensor.