1987 Audi 5000 Timing Belt

The correct size for the crankshaft pulley bold was 27mmm just as it was prviously stated.

"It's a 27mm. Like the other poster, I've used a 1/2" socket with a three foot breaker bar and a three foot section of pole-vaulting pole at the end of that."

However, I am going with the 3/4" 27mm socket..

Btw. Anybody having access to a local Harborfreigt Store miight want to look around there sometimes.

I have become addicted to some of their bargains. I guess it is in the genes. Marti-

Reply to
marti

Sounds great marti!!! thanks for confirming that it is a 27mm. :-)

so you are back rolling in it now?

Yeah I have been using my HF concrete mixer and creating a driveway to park my vehicles. I have two HF stores that are local to me and have been to both! I try to limit my spending habits in those stores! lol

later, dave

snip

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

I think I have to wait for a week or so going back to my Audi, due to an interruption:

To-day I had a drug-eluding Cypher Stent put into one of my coronary arteries.

Procedure was faster than repacing the timing belt but much more expensive. But now that pump is working properly!

Marti-

Reply to
marti

Well definitely repair yourself first!

good luck with all! later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris

Reply to
dave

For those of you not lucky enough to have a Harbor Freight store nearby:

Ken

Reply to
KWS