1989 Audi 100 - is it worth it?

1989 Audi 100(standard, not quattro) with 121K miles. Great interior/exterior, engine is in great condition, although I always do a tune up on my vehicles no matter what. Engine doesn't leak or burn oil, automatic transmission.

Only thing wrong with it is the power windows in the rear won't go down, A/C needs recharged and the oil pressure sender is giving false readings when the engine hits 3k rpms, then flies right(needs replaced.)(3 hours of my own labor to solve those problems)

The guy only wants $1475 for it.

So can anyone tell me if this vehicle is worth it? Will it be reliable enough for my mother to drive to/from work(20 miles 1-way) on a daily basis?

All replies would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

-Larry

Reply to
LC

Sounds like you understand the typical issues associated with type 44s.

I would say yes. Fair deal. Solid car.

Tune up normal things and have trans oil changed because of the slow seal leak between trans and diff exchanges oil over time.

Tony '91 100Q 5spd

107K and driven to CA, TX, FL and NYC > 1989 Audi 100(standard, not quattro) with 121K miles.
Reply to
Tony Johnson

Larry-

I have one just like it that I have owned since it was new. It is the best car I have ever owned. I have over 263K miles on it, and the engine and transmission have never been opened!

Admittedly, I have maintained it very well, by the book, and repaired minor things that go wrong immediately. I also replace maintenance items before they are due, in order to prevent breakdowns.

You can use it for a daily driver, no problem, just make sure that mom's car is properly maintained. If you want to see the details of the maintenance/repair history on my car, see the Audiworld Registry.

Price seems fair, considering the repairs needed. I'd go for it!

Good Luck,

Reply to
Stephen Clark