1990 Audi 200 Water Temp Light

I finally got my car back from the shop and the water temperature light started flashing periodically. the Temp gauge seems to be working fine but what would cause the light to start flashing? Bad fuse maybe?

Reply to
jamie

Check for corroded wires on the MFTS temperature sensor (near top radiator hose where it attaches to engine.)

Also be sure that the coolant is to the correct level in the overflow tank. this seems most likely to me. (Previously owned four T44s)

Probably not a fuse.

jamie wrote:

Reply to
Tony

On my 93 90S, I found this happen when my coolant level was very, very low. You might want to check yours too.

Reply to
Av

Do I need to use the Audi coolant? Or can I just use a standard engine coolant from any parts store? Excuse the ignorance this is my first German car and I don't want to screw anything up.

Reply to
jamie

You can use anything that has "achtung!" on the label :-)

If you use the blue Pentosin antifreeze you will have to flush the green coolant if that's in the system now.

Reply to
~ Elektraman ~

You *should* be able to use any coolant as long as it's the same colour as the coolant in there now. Of course, don't get the super cheap stuff, that's just always bad news no matter which car you have or whether it's coolant or oil.

I think you only really need to worry about the special Pentosin stuff when it comes to the hydraulic fluid (G00 2000, aka Goo 2k). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Reply to
Av