1993 90s Instrument Panel

I need some help. I push the button next to the trip odometer and then my speedometer dropped to zero and the main odometer along with the trip odometer will not work. Can someone tell me what the button is I pushed is
called and How can I get the speed and odometer working again. thanks for your help in advance.

Did you do this while the car was moving? Doing this may damage the gears within the odometer.

Funny, everybody pushes the button while driving....
Ronald
You shouldn't on the older cars......... Since the speedometer "went to zero" it suggests that it was "not zero" when the button was pushed. Sounds like Tracy busted the trip odometer. There's lots of stuff on Audifans about busting the trip while doing a rolling reset - it pushes a plastic gear up a metal shaft in the assembly and it fails to reingage with the motor that drives the odometer. I have never heard that the speedometer drops to zero, but it was a good clue to have. Now Tracy can either live without the odometer (so long as the speedo isn't totally toast) or get a replacement instrument cluster OR (my personal fave) take it apart and see how it works (and maybe even fix it!) - it might be a good thing to have a spare as backup, in case the fix doesn't work (search www.car-part.com) See: http://www.humanspeakers.com/audi/cluster-T89.htm Cheers! Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

I guess it is something that 'might' happen but normally doesn't.
Ronald

I did until I had a similar occurrence to the above.