1993 Audi 90 getting stuck in 2nd gear (it's an automatic)

I've had a problem with it my car getting stuck in 2nd gear (it's an automatic)
So transmission problem, vacuum ..??? Any thoughts?

You should pull the codes to have a better idea.
Just guessing, it sounds like the ECU has put the trans in 'limp' mode due to an error condition that needs to be resolved.