1993 Audi 90s A/C problems

I just recently bought an Audi 1993 Audi 90s. I'm attempting to charge the A/C, which is R134a. My question is, does Audi make some type of special
attachment(fitting) that needs to use to recharge this thing? I'm attempting to charge from the low side, under the car. Any help of advise on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. You can e-mal me at or reply at snipped-for-privacy@cox.net
Tracy wrote:

Was the system originally R134a, or has it been converted from R12 at some point? I know in the days of R12, VW used a slightly non-standard fitting for the low pressure side, and I had a hard time finding an adapter so that I could recharge it (with R12). I eventually found the adapter at a larger auto parts store.