1994 Audi 100 2.6 V6 Auto. How do I check the gearbox oil level??

I have a 1994 Audi 100 2.6 V6 with Auto transmission. Could someone help me with what oils I need, and how I check the levels. Under the bonnet, on the
right side on the engine, is a small red filler plug; but there is no dipstick on it. So, how can I check the gearbox oil,? and are there any more oils on the transmission system which need checking? I can't seem to find a Manual for this model. Best regards, Keith Bethell. UK
On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 14:05:28 GMT, "pistonbroke"

It's probably the same engine as my 1996 Audi A6 Auto 2.6 V6. I've been told that the transmission is sealed at the factory and doesn't need topping up.
John, Many thanks for the reply, but I,ve just changed the radiator, and have lost some fluid from the cooler.
Regards, Keith.
wrote:

me
the
Keith, IIRC you have to buy a dipstick from the dealer which replaces the filler plug. IMHO (and from other posts I've read on the topic), the "lifetime" fluid fill is nonsense. Cheers! Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ - Changing tranny and diff fluids soon to Redline synth 1980 Audi 5k - trans oil changed a few years ago 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes - changed trans oil 2 years ago (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)
wrote:

help
the
Steve, Thanks for that, bought a dipstick for 10, and a litre of oil for 8.00, hopefully no more problems. Keith.
wrote:

on
pistonbroke Wrote:

position i mean gearbox. oilmeter is on right side of engine. take i and look how much oil is there. if is too little oil you add oil troug that pip
-- BADROCK750