1994 Audi 90cs Air Bag light always on.

The airbag light is flashing when you turn the ignition key to start. And when the car is running for the first minute the light is still flashing and then stay on at all time. I have bought a trouble code reader from Ebay, hook it up to take the code out; but the reader shows "H-E" (that mean reading error).

Any help or any suggestion would be really appreciated.

Reply to
moi4238

Obviously an error of some sort - sometimes in older cars the sensors 'wear out' or don't contact properly any longer. But unless you can get the codes out, you won't know where it is... Does your car have more than one airbag, or just a driver's side?

I had a similar problem with my car, it was whenever anyone sat in the rear passenger's seat; the airbag light would stay on then go off then come back on... The dealer had to replace the seatbelt unit at that position.

Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

Dan, Agreed on the error, I seem to recall that some people have had problems with the "clock spring" connection for the bag after work was done on the car the required removal of the steering wheel - like power steering rack R&R, instrument panel removal, turn signal switch replacement, etc. Cheers! Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)
Reply to
Steve Sears