1994 Cabrio top motor question

I'm hoping someone can help me out here. The car is a 1994 Audi Cabrio. When lowering the convertible top, the top positions itself but then the cover does
not open to allow the top to go into the stowage position. Does anyone know what signal is provided to the computer to let it know it's time to opn the cover?