1994 coupe broken seat height adjustment

Hi all, the catch under the drivers seat on my 80 coupe doesn't work, so the seat is at full height, until you sit in it, then you bounce up and down.. Audi had a look and said there's a pin missing, and quoted me
650 for a new seat base! Has anyone made this repair, and does anyone have any advice as to how to remove the seat? many thanks, Jamie
Hi all, the catch under the drivers seat on my 80 coupe doesn't work, so the seat is at full height, until you sit in it, then you bounce up and down.. Audi had a look and said there's a pin missing, and quoted me 650 for a new seat base! Has anyone made this repair, and does anyone have any advice as to how to remove the seat? many thanks, Jamie
Of course no one does any actual 'repairs' anymore. Component replacement is all they know how to do, and read computer readouts of fault codes that is. I'd seek out an actual old-time 'mechanic' rather than some white-gloved 'technician' employed by your authorized dealer.