1995-1997 Audi a6 metric odometer wanted

Hi,
I've imported a car from the US to Canada. My car mileage is approx. 50,000+ miles. I want to get the odometer in mileage changed to kilometrage's one. Any Audi dealer in Ontario asks me about CDN$1000
for that part. If you have one or know somebody (or some wrecking yard) have one at a reasonable price, please let me know.
Thank you. Hoa Le
hoa snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Hoa Le) wrote:

I'm not familiar with the slightly older models, but my A6 (2000), and my current RS6, odometers can be switched between reading miles and kilometres in a few seconds, using the diagnostic computer (or VAG-COM).
What isn't so easy is to change the reading on the speedometer. That does require a new instrument cluster (or a stick-on scale).

Hi Peter,
Where did you get the diagnostic computer? How much did it cost you?
Thank you. ~~~~~~
(Hoa Le) wrote:

I believe SJM has them ( http://www.sjmautotechnik.com )
Christoph

--
Important: Emails sent to me which contain my full name
in the "to:" or "cc:" field will bypass my spam filter.
hoa snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Hoa Le) wrote:

Info here: http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/index.html