1995-1997 Audi a6 metric odometer wanted

Hi,

I've imported a car from the US to Canada. My car mileage is approx.

50,000+ miles. I want to get the odometer in mileage changed to kilometrage's one. Any Audi dealer in Ontario asks me about CDN$1000 for that part. If you have one or know somebody (or some wrecking yard) have one at a reasonable price, please let me know.

Thank you. Hoa Le

Reply to
Hoa Le

I'm not familiar with the slightly older models, but my A6 (2000), and my current RS6, odometers can be switched between reading miles and kilometres in a few seconds, using the diagnostic computer (or VAG-COM).

What isn't so easy is to change the reading on the speedometer. That does require a new instrument cluster (or a stick-on scale).

Reply to
Peter Bell

Hi Peter,

Where did you get the diagnostic computer? How much did it cost you?

Reply to
Hoa Le

I believe SJM has them (

) Christoph