1995 90 rear bearings

What is the trick to removing the rear wheel bearings? 12ton press does not begin to press it out. Was able to press the hub out. Just not the bearing.
Torch to me, is the last resort.

I can advise, pressure and heat together. The hub has to be expanded. Just done a Nova front which has been in for 16 years, took a 25 Ton toe jack and butane blow torch. After about 5 minutes of heat and constant load the bearing just popped out.............The bearing would not move with 25 ton alone.
Broke down and bought a 20ton. 12ton broken. 20ton made that bearing squeal, then bang, and it popped out. Really didn't want to torch it.

In a pinch I have used a heat gun to help warm things up a bit. It has worked for me a couple of times. This is when I did not want to use the blue wrench. I just have to refill my tanks. ;-)
Are the rear bearings that hard to do? I have done a rear wheel bearing in a 1990 Audi V8 (IIRC) and don't remember it being that bad.
Did you use some Rust Penetrant?

not sure why op did not want heat, all the braking parts get hot when the brakes are applied in normal use. A little extra heat does no damage it just eases the removal. Bearing must be tight in the hub because with normal running heat the hub expands but should not increase in diameter whereby the bearing becomes loose even though retained by c'clips.
Yes on the Rust Penetrate. As far as tough to remove, the 12ton press broke trying to remove them. The 20ton complained, but then the bearing finally gave way.

It just did not want to leave willingly, it left kicking and screaming huh? lol
glad you succeeded!

I have never had that much problem with any bearings I have removed for the last forty years!
Go Audi..
Strangest looking rear assembly that holds the bearings too.
Looks like it was designed by someone that was fascinated by chicken parts.

lol I have been trying out that Harbor Freight Front Wheel Bearing tool. So far it works for me for front wheel bearings, but the 20 ton press is faster. I don't think I have done many rear wheel bearing that require heavy duty tools...............yet! ;-)
Front suspensions are interesting on the A4s too!

used the 12ton on the fronts with no problemo. rear is a much different beast...