1995 a6 sedan remote problems

what i did try was i got in the car and shut the doors and turned the key will the lights/headlights came on then with that on got out of the car and locked the car in the drivers door and then pressed the remote
button and nothing happened so i took the key out of the ignition and tried to use the remote again and still nothing. an help?
On 20 Oct 2006 14:39:53 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I translate this as being an attempt to recode a keyfob. Short of actually reading the manual, anyone out there remember how to do this on that model 6er?
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd
daytripper wrote:

I did what the manual said and still no luck
On 20 Oct 2006 18:07:02 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Did you check:
1. Are the batteries good in the fob? 2. Is it the *right* fob for that vehicle?
Q: did it work ever with this fob in your vehicle?
PeterD wrote:

I have never had a remote with this car but the owner before me did. I call the dealer and ordered a remote from them so i thought they would know what remote to get. I dont know how to tell if the battries are good tho
On 21 Oct 2006 11:26:24 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Well, I see three potential problems.
1. Batteries are dead (perhaps from sitting?) 2. It is the wrong remote fob (really easy to have happen?) 3. There are vehicle parts (the remote module) that either don't exist (anymore) or are broken.
Any way to check why the old owner's fob was missing?