1996 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8L - Alarm problems, please help

I have a 1996 A4 Quattro 2.8L. While the alarm was engaged, a friend stuck her arm through the back window to try and open the door. The alarm went off, and I used the key to unlock and disengage the alarm.

Now, that door will not unlock or open. And the alarm will not go off even if I intentionally try to trigger it.

I think it needs to be reset, but I'm not sure. Any ideas on what I could try myself before taking it to a mechanic?

Reply to
amy.reitz

I've never known the alarm to need resetting after it's been triggered.

My guess is that the door lock has becomed mechanically jammed, by being operated from inside, and remotely, simultaneously. If the door is not fully closed/locked, that probably prevents the alarm from being set.

Reply to
Peter Bell