1997 A3 owners manual and slipping cluth

Hi all,
Have bought a '97 model 5 speed 1.8 litre A3.
Had the owners manual, but some nut stole my car and when it was returned owners manual was gone. Anyone know where I might find
another one?
Am in Sydney Australia.
Also, clutch seems to be slipping. Car has about 170k on it and everything else seems to be ok. Changing gears, it will seem to slip at low revs and then be ok. In higher gears at low revs, if I out my foot down to accelerate, it seems to slip and then "catch up".
Is this a major problem? Should I try changing the clutch fluid before going to a mechanic to be ripped off?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks, Greg.
Greg knastet inn: :

Sounds like your clutch is ready to be renewed. What you describe, are the early warnings. It could last for another 3 weeks/months, but ... it's ready for renewal.
To confirm renewal, try when standing still in 4. gear, give some throttle [3500 revs] -- and release the clutch.
If it's slipping -- test positive => renew clutch. This test alone, can be /the last nail in the coffin/. Don't do it if you're short on money :-)
--
Had to change mine [1.8T] after 90' km, 170k is not bad at all.

Thanks for the heads up Frank. I'll give it a go and see what happens.