1997 A6 Q: Fuel gage warning and tachometer light

The fuel indicator no longer works. It constantly reads empty and the amber warning is continuously on. Could this be related to the recall or must I
replace the fuel sending unit , gas tank, or what?
The odometer indicator bulb has burned out. Can this be fixed by repalcing the 1.5 watt red bulb? Would that also bring the ambient temperature indicator light back?
Thanks,
Bill

bought used 1999 A6Q Tiptronic Limousine (Sedan). But, since I luckily had a three months unlimited used cars warranty from our local SAAB/Subaru dealership where I had then just bought it, the dealership fixed it totally cost-free for me, and also gave me a brand new, free SAAB 9-3 Sport Sedan loaner while the repair lasted. It was insured, too, I only had to pay for the gas (petrol) that I used. The used cars warranty was in fact not optional or an extra, it was simply automatically included in the sales price. Nice one!! But how they really fixed it?? I simply do not know! They fixed it for free, you see, so I did not really care too much, but I think that they had to replace some unit, because I know that they had to order some special Audi parts for the job. They also fixed for free a minor gas (petrol) tank leak while they were at it. They had to order some special parts for that, too. Maybe these two faults were somehow connected, but, like I said earlier, I simply do not know. It is only educated guesswork. I have frequently heard that the fuel indicator (gauge?) are a weak spot in many Audis. But, all in all, I am extremely satisfied with my A6Q, which absolutely is by far the best car I have ever owned.
Hey Bill,
Have exactly the same problem on my A6Q The fuel guage problem seems to be specifc to the Quattro because of the different shaped fuel tank.
Had my replaced under warenty and its gone again (now out of warenty!)
Have a look at http://www.audiworld.com/tech /
Lots of good info on that site.
HTH
John.