1997 Audi S8 Rear Badge Position

Can anyone tell me the precise position (cm from edge etc) for the S8 badge on the rear of a 1997 S8. I have to fit the badge and want to get it correct.

Thanks.

Reply to
MLX

That would depend if it's going on an actual S8 or not...

Reply to
daytripper

Yes, an actual S8. In fact, it is already on the car, but I'm convinced it is on the wrong place.

Of course, there is more than a badge to distinguish an S8.

Reply to
MLX

I hope this isn't the return of "Charles Purple C5" with the A8 that turned into a S8 in a mere two weeks.... :)

-- Taylor

'89 Audi 200 '03 Audi S6 Avant '98 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Reply to
Just Taylor

Any chance of getting a reply to simple question without all this scepticism and sarcasm?

What do I have to do? Post a copy of the registration document to satisfy everyone? Make the car avaliable for inspection to the S-badge inspectorate?

Reply to
MLX

"MLX" skrev i melding news:AAD3b.50$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfep1-win.server.ntli.net...

Why not, sounds like a really good idea to me, anyway. But, does such an inspectorate really exist? If not, we could start one, could we not? Well, anyway, my point is just to leave the badge where it is, and not worry about it any more.................. Or ask a (local) Audi dealership, or try to find somebody else with an S8.

Reply to
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

lol ok, we deserved that ;-)

Have you had no luck in finding pictures on the web of prototypical S8's to see where they have their badges located?

Reply to
daytripper

You want free info, and you got some. Why complain?

Look for some publicity photos of the rear of the car (front, whatever.) Shouldn't be tough to find - the internet is a wonderful thing. Compare photos to your car.

Just be glad that this didn't degenerate into a Netiquette discussion over top-posting.

Spider

Reply to
Spider

Thanks for all the responses - picture link etc., although I have to admit I don't know what "top-posting" is.

I appreciate that wanting the precise badge position may seem a bit OTT, but I dislike badges being in the wrong place - especially BMW 5 series when the badge gets stuck up at the top of the bootlid instead of on the line half way down. Anyway, I may take your advice and remove it altogether (anyone want to buy an S8 badge?) but I thought that doing this on the front left a blank piece of black plastic on the radiator grill.

Thank you.

Reply to
MLX

On Usenet???

Haven't you heard you get what you pay for? No refunds given.

Personally I don't care if your S8 is real or not, that's is something you have to deal with yourself if is or not. The emblem on my old '98 A8 looked just fine so I couldn't really answer your specific question and that is why I didn't respond to you directly.

Now if you would like to know how I turned my Jeep Cherokee into a Range Rover with some cool Rover emblem's, I'll be more than happy to show you how I did it :)

-- Taylor

'89 Audi 200 '03 Audi S6 Avant '98 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Reply to
Just Taylor

"Just Taylor" skrev i melding news: snipped-for-privacy@wilhelp.com... > Now if you would like to know how I turned my Jeep Cherokee into a Range

Way back in the good old merry 80s, I once "changed" a 1985 Nissan Sunny into a BMWwith an M-badge.................. It fooled nobody, though.................

Reply to
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

"MLX" skrev i melding news:gsK3b.2761$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfep2-win.server.ntli.net...

I don't know what "top-posting" is. "Top-posting" means (I think) to post your reply above the original entry, like you are doing (people here do not like that so-called "top-posting" very much, you see), instead of posting your reply beneath the original entry, like I am doing here. I did it too in the beginning, you see, and got pepper (flak) in return.................. Hope that this is correct. If not, please feel absolutely free to correct me..................

Reply to
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

Post wherever you want. If you follow a thread, it's a lot eaier to read fresh thoughts at the top than scroll down through the drivel. Of course some have more free time than others...

I worked at an MB dealer in 1985 when the 300SE came out. We sold a lot of 560SEL badges that year. You can always tell the wannabees, they had the 560's with the ass dragging on the ground. The real

560SEL had self-leveling suspension....

Reply to
JPF