1998 A3 1.8T on board comp

hi my O B C on my audi in the centre on my dash clocks has just stop working the display is just gone blank ! any clues to watch has caused this plz help " and wot needs to be replaced
thanks
Are you sure you haven't just switched it off by quickly pressing the reset button underneath the stalk / switch?