1998 A4 Headlight Switch / Stalk replacement

Hi,

The headlight stalk on my 98 A4 is now randomly not engaging my low headlight beams. I'll push the stalk all the way up to turn on the low beams and if they don't turn on I push and wiggle (rather firmly) on the headlight stalk towards the front of the car. Eventually a contact is made and the lights will stay on. It's getting worse and worse.

Is this a part that the average joe can replace or is it best left to the dealership?

Thanks.

Reply to
munglet

The message from snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com contains these words:

The Haynes manual should tell you. If it's like the other Audis, it's simple - take the cover off the column, undo switch, replace switch, replace harness and cover.

The bit that requires care is the handling of the airbag - but provided you follow the instructions it's fine.

Reply to
Guy King