1998 A6 Saloon Door Mirror Replacement - Garage or DIY

Can anyone let me know if it is realistic to tackle this job without a manual. I have found instructions for the outer part of the mirror, but nothing that
covers the internal side. i.e. harness connection and bolting the bracket on. Apparently the whole door panel has to come off to get access. Are there clips that break etc ? Any help much appreciated. Stuart