1999 A6 Oil Light - Can the servicer set frequencies

I recently stopped taking my 99 A6 to the dealer, and started taking it to an independent. I got a tuneup and oil change at about 91,000 miles. Its
been 10,000 miles, and the oil and service lights have just come on. (The oil light used to go on after about 7,500 miles). Is that something that my independent folks may have set to go off after 10,000 miles (instead of 7,500). Can they also set when the service light goes on? Looking to understand when these lights come on.
On a semi related note, my Check Engine lkight is now on. The local parts store told me it was a P0506 - low rpm indicator. Any thoughts?
Thanks... ...Mike
... /\/\ i k e wrote:

Any service with a VAG software should be able to set the intervals.
I would think that you would have other codes to suggest the cause of the P0506. Without more to go on I would suspect the throttle position sensor. I don't think that you have DBW electronic throttle control but if you do you might try the procedure to reset the throttle body, its in the owners manual.