2.0L Audi Cab

I just lost a Mark II golf in an accident (not my fault)

Ive been looking around for another one but Ill be bu@@ered if I can find one. Ive discussed it with the missus and we've decided "Sod it, lets get something that we don't have to spend all Sunday under"

To that end, we set a budget of 5k and I started looked for a Saab 900GM. Well I cant find a good one for love nor money but while searching through autotrader.co.uk I started looking at the 2.0 Audi Cabs.

Its got the same 2.0 engine as the golfs (which Im happy to fiddle with between services) and they seam to be a little cheaper than the Saabs, and alot better built.

My question. Do you think I can find a good enough 80 Cab for 5k in the UK? And are there any obvious places I need to look when looking at one.

I take it as its the VW engine the timing belt is every 80k?

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Someone