2.3 20 Valve into 2.0 Cabriolet

Please help
We have managed to fit the 2.3 20 Valve engine and gearbox into the 1994 Cabriolet. We have managed to overcome all of the mechanical problems
related to this. However we now have one last electrical problem we need help with.
The ignition firing point sender is showing a fault on diagnostics. We have changed the sender, Made sure it has the correct air gap for all the different types of settings shown. Every other bit of electrics checks out perfect.
So we need to know if anyone out there can tell us what information the firing point sender actually sends to the corrosponding pin in the ECU. If we can supply a trick feed to the ECU we can do away with the sender as it is a none changing reading once the engine is running.
Regards
Brian Tonks
The ECU takes the signal from the crank position sensor on the fly wheel but it also requires a sync signal from the hall effect module in the distributor before it will initiate ignition.
My guess is that you have one of three problems. 1. The pin on the flywheel that is used to trigger the sensor could be missing. 2. The hall effect module is not in sync (requires rotation of the distributor to spec) 3. The hall module wiring in the distributor is fragile and could be bad
Hope it isn't a missing pin.
TonyJ formerly four T44s
Brian Tonks wrote:

Hi Tony,
Ok the pin is intact in the correct position we split the box to check it. The hall sensor is present and correct and the wiring to and from it are checking out fine. The distributor has not been moved since removing the engine from my other running car.
He seems to think now that he has made an error somewhere between the relay plate and the body harness as the wiring had to be changed there.
Thanks for the suggestions.

but it

missing.
distributor
have
out
If
it
You might have switched the connectors for the crank position sensor and the engine speed sensor.
Coil good?
Ignition switch good? they can crack the plastic and cause no-start due to no-spark.
Good ECU ground on the back of the head?
Brian Tonks wrote:

Problem found a split in a wire. Ba**ard!!!!!!!!!
Instead of the Ignition firing point sender giving the ECU the signal, We have rotated the distributer 180 and sent a signal from the haul sender to the ECU to confuse it and it runs every time
Thatnks for the advice........

distributor
1994
need