2.5 TDI: Engine oil capacity (?)

What is your experience with audi 2.5 TDI (103kW) engine oil capacity?
The manual says:
-5.5 liters (without oil filter) -6.0 liters (including oil filter)
I have done it 6 times with my 1996. engine, since I bought it a few yrs ago, and it always swallows almost 7.0 liters incl. oil filter (I always change the filter). Did it yesterday, and can't live with the mistery anymore :-)
THNX very much.
--
Drnya