200 QT Idle - Problem Fixed

Well ... After another day of terrible idling, stalling in traffic, walking to get parts, and being late for the first job interview I've had in 11 months: the problem is fixed.
Two issues were causing the primary problem.
First, the "T" shaped rubber hose that lays on top of the valve cover has disintegrated. To get running again, I plugged the line to the valve cover and hooked the one dropping down the side of the engine to the third end which heads towards the full distribution system.
The second issue was the hose heading towards the fuel distribution system. It was VERY soft and pretty much collapsed. A little heater hose, and all is pretty much well.
That got me as far as the job interview (the job was not as advertised, big waste of time) and the Audi dealer who had a replacement "T" hose for $21.00. Back to normal.
It still doesn't idle great, but it's stable. There's a very slight surging. I think it wise next to replace that big funky boot behind the fuel distribution unit. It looks o.k. accept for some cracking around where the hose clamp is. That big fat lower hose off the turbo intake might need to be replaced. It looks pretty old.
If anyone has a spare, good condition, funky boot laying around please let me know. They're not too expensive new, but being that I STILL don't have a job, I'm broke.
Thanks for tolerating my novice nature folks. I really appreciate being able to participate.
Bill Graham