200 TQ Headlights

Thanks for all of the advice on my '89 200 QT which I bought today. I really appreciate the help and patience.

There's two big headlights, and two small headlight-like lights; one each on each side. The small one's and all the others turn on in position one of the slight switch. The same stay on in position two. The big headlights only come on by engaging the high-beam switch full, or flashing the high-beams. The little headlight-like lights are certainly not bright enough for the low-beams.

Fuse? Bulbs?

Sorry for the elementary questions. It's been a long time since I was dealing with a euro car and their nuances.

Thanks,

Bill Graham

Reply to
Bill Graham

Bill, Did it come with an owners manual? Mine did not, I ordered it yesterday,

, $20 shipped. Small inner lights are marker lights. Low beams are fused, could be bulbs, could be switch. If it's the switch, I'll trade you, I just noticed mine only works on low beam. Ordered it yesterday, $70-ish.

Reply to
JPF

Yep, there's a manual. Says nothing about troubleshooting it except that low and high beams have a fuse. I hope it's just a fuse. My wife is already displeased that the odometer doesn't work.

Thanks,

Bill

Reply to
Bill Graham