2000 AllRoad worth it?

Someone in the neighborhood is selling a 2000 Audi AllRoad. It retailed for $47K US. It has about 80K miles on it and looks cherry. The info on the side window says it has been carefully maintained and detailed. Most of the miles are highway. It's a 2.7TT. He wants $21K for it; that's the blue book price.

Now is it worth checking out or am I just looking for trouble?

It's been sitting in the driveway for a month now and hasn't sold. Is there something I should know about it? Are the twin turbos ready to go? Are the boots almost shot?

Comments please?

Reply to
Al

"Al" wrote

If you're in the US, are you sure it's a 2000? Allroad wasn't available in the US until 2001 model year, but I guess it could have been bought and registered at the end of 2000.

If you know all the options of this car, you can price it out on

to get a more realistic value than blue book. My guess is it's worth about $19-20K.

Write down the VIN and take it to an Audi dealer to find out its service history to make sure there haven't been any issues with things failing on a constant basis.

Other than that, if it was maintained well, used synthetic oil, etc. then it should be a nice car. Of course, don't expect Lexus-type reliability here.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Don't bother. Unless you can show proof that you are the registered owner, the dealer wont release any service history to you just by showing up with a VIN.

AntonyR

Reply to
AMR