2000 Audi A6 Avant Quattro - blower motor

Threaded View

The other day by blower quit working on my Audi, A/C was on nothing
coming out the vents.  A/C is on and hear the compressor turn on so I
think the blower motor is bad.  Do these things have a fuse or does the
whole motor need replacing?  If replacing how big a job is it to
replace?

Thanks,
batman

Re: 2000 Audi A6 Avant Quattro - blower motor

There's definitely going to be a fuse or breaker somewhere in the line to the
blower motor, that puppy draws some serious power. Do you have the users guide
for the car? There ought to be at least a diagram of the fuse box therein...

/daytripper
'00 s4 6spd

Re: 2000 Audi A6 Avant Quattro - blower motor

I do have the guide and will check that tonight after work.  l will let
you know what I find.
Thanks!

Re: 2000 Audi A6 Avant Quattro - blower motor

Blower motors on Audi's are very poor, I replaced mine last week and they
cost alot of money, they are made by veleo, the fuse on the A4 is a 30 amp
one, I don't know about the A6.

It's very easy to replace on the A4, so I imagine it is on the A6, the
glovebox comes out with 5 x 6mm hex screws, behind the glovebox is the
blower motor unit, its fixed to the housing by 3 small gold hex head screws,
there is also a relay that can go, but I doubt it has, take the blower motor
out and remove the wiring, use a mutlimeter on the 6 pin plug and check you
have voltage, there are 3 12v supplys when the fans should be on, and 1
variable supply that ranges from 1v -6v this is the fan speed feed.

The reason the blower motors go so often is the climate on Audi's is on all
the time, this usually burns out the blower motor after 4 years.

It takes 5 mins to remove the glovebox, and 10 mins to remove the blower
motor, so give it a try, you can't do no harm.

going back to the fuse, if it's like the A4 it is located in the fusebox
which is accessed via the drivers side panel between the door and console,
just pop the panel off and look at the diagram on the back of the panel you
removed, the fuse is a 30 amp green, but I doubt very much it has gone, a
little test is, remove the fuse then plug it back in and see if the blowers
work again for a short while, mine did.

Ronny

Re: 2000 Audi A6 Avant Quattro - blower motor

Re: 2000 Audi A6 Avant Quattro - blower motor

*******
Just got back from vacation.  I have checked and yes they are
expensive.  Ronny, thanks for the replacement tips, it will be much
easier to replace it myself then paying someone $85-$100 an hour to do
it.  It sound easy enough.

Brian

Re: 2000 Audi A6 Avant Quattro - blower motor

Finally was able to tear into this and yes it is very easy to get at (4
screws to remove the glove box).  When checking the motor I noticed
some bare wires to the left of the motor on the thermostat control
unit?  Remove harness and it was shorted out.  Fan does work.  Now in
the process of finding a control unit or resistor what ever it is
listed as and finding a 3 wire harness.

Brian

Re: 2000 Audi A6 Avant Quattro - blower motor

Is the blower motor on the A6, compatible with any of the Jettas or
other VW
cars?

--
magic