2000 S4 extended warranty

My 2000 S4 with 41000 miles will end its lease in 6 months. I am considering purchasing it off-lease, but am concerned about future repair costs since I've already had some expensive repairs. Can anyone tell me about extended warrantees? What is available? Is it worth it, or is it better to risk going without one? Thanks. Bob from Baltimore

Reply to
rsachs

What kind of repairs were done on your S4?

The car is currently in the shop for a new air pump (for emissions control) for the fourth time! Fortunately, the factory is covering the cost once again. I also had to replace both turbos at 39000 miles. The factory paid 3/4 of that bill even though the car was out of warranty ( my share was still $2200). You can understand my being a little gun-shy.

Reply to
rsachs

Let it go...

Reply to
Saintor

Hi Bob,

If you are going to keep it, then get the warranty. I have an Assured warranty, and I'm definitely glad to have it.

Elroy

2000 S4
Reply to
elroy