2000 S4 TBB question?

Hello all, So my 2000 S4 just blew a throttle body boot. I understand this is very common, especially for chipped cars... which mine is.

My question to you...

How much did it cost to have your TBB repalced at the dealer?

For those of you who have gone with after market parts.. which one did you choose, and how is it? Do you noticed better performace than stock?

I am looking at the APR biPipe, but I wonder if its worth the cost.

My car has made it to 65k - has been chipped for 20k miles.

thanks,

Adam

Reply to
Adam Schwartz

Adam,

From some stories I've read, even aftermarket rubber TBBs fail. The APR solution does look primo, but for $350 you could buy a lot of replacement TBBs...

While you are in there, have you thought about new diverter valves and an F-hose?

Elroy

2000 S4
Reply to
elroy

Hi Elroy, Already did the diverters. I am using the Bosch Sport 110 model. this is the part number for the Porsche 911 Turbo. Its much better than the original one and WAY cheaper than the after market ones.

My final solution for the TBB is I got an AMR Kevlar one.. And then got a used stock one for $20 to keep in the trunk. just in case.

best of luck!

-Adam

Reply to
Adam Schwartz