2001 A4 - Lost Ring Under Passenger Seat

This is going to sound a little strange but here goes...
Today my wife dropped her wedding ring while sitting in the passenger seat of my car. It apparently fell onto the floor and rolled under
the seat. Well, 2 hours of searching like crazy, no luck finding the thing.
Any suggestions on where it could possibly have ended up before I take the car in to the dealership to get them to take the seat out and see if anything happens to turn up?
Alternatively, if anyone could please provide me with instructions on how to remove the seat, that would be much appreciated...
On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 15:43:26 -0400, Weener
Hi, I don't know if you have the Isofix system installed in these seats, but that's an ideal place for something small to fall and get lost.
Even if you don't have it, the inside of the seat (crack between backrest and chair) is where I'd look at first. If you can't get to "feel" most of the cavity by inserting your fingers, you can try taking down the plastic cover of the back of the seat, then turn the seat forward to look for the ring from behind.
I hope you find it!!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Can you tell me what this Isofix system is? I've seen it mentioned on the Audi website but no explanation for what it is.
Thanks
Graham wrote:

Isofix is a system for fixing the child seats. They're mounted (if selected, they could be an option) in the rear seats and passenger seat. In those seats, they have a couple of iron rings to hook the child seat to. These rings are inside the union between the seat and the back.

but she was sitting on the seat and it fell onto the floor............how's it gonna get through the gap between seat and back ?????
Weener wrote:

Look in the seat runner on the floorpan.

you sure its not a ploy.........she aint hankering for a new one............now remember has she made any hints over the last few months.............
OK, no luck so far but I haven't gotten around to pulling out the seat and carpets yet.
Someone on the Audiworld Forum mentioned that it could possibly have rolled into the HVAC vent under the seat. If this did happen, what are my odds of finding the !@*&^ thing again and how much work would it be to get to it?
On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 15:43:26 -0400, Weener
On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 20:01:34 -0400, Weener

Hmm....Seems to me that vent faces the rear seats, doesn't seem very likely that a ring dropped from the shotgun seat could end up in the duct work.
Otoh, there's at least a slot cut near the bottom of the door, and then there's the seat tracks themselves, and if your A4 has the cupholders under the center armrest it could be in there, and I think there may be a couple of holes through the carpet into the floor structure under the seat as well.
Removing the standard power seats appears to be dead simple - with a catch: there's only two bolts, covered with cap finishers, to remove, then there's a spring to unclip, and if the seat is heated, you have to undo the wire for the heater. The catch is the airbag circuit needs to be dummied up - at least according to the Bentley manual - with an adapter that plugs into a wiring block - until the seat is reinstalled...

so have you found it.............your wife's ring