2001 A6 Avant door compartments

Hi all,

I just bought a beautiful used A6 for what I think is a good deal. Seems to run just fine but there are a few annoying 'details' that screams to be fixed. The oddest thing about this car is that _both_ driver and passenger door compartments - the small ones that is about

7 by 5 inches in size - will not close. The locking mechanism that holds them shut has apparently failed.

Is this common with A6s? I don't see any mention of it in these forums yet both of mine are broken.

Is it worth fixing? I haven't had a chance to check with the dealers yet, but I would imagine it's expensive to fix, or at least more money than I want to pay for something that I'll rarely use. I may just glue them shut (gasp)!

Has anybody have any experience with this? Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks, L

Reply to
Lisa

Try a breakers yard for the parts

Reply to
Dave

I've only got 50k miles on mine, and have had to get both repaired (under warranty). Sounds like I can expect one to go out again.

Reply to
Doug Haseltine